Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Member Change, New Songs, etc


Really enjoyed the gig we had on Saturday. :)
To those of you who came to liven up the night with us -- THANK YOU!!

I guess you've already noticed by now that we've recently had a member change --
Tim Hornyak, our new bassist from Canada, has been playing with us for several gigs now, after our first basssist, Denny, had to leave the band because of his move back to Indonesia. I think this was actually the 3rd gig we had with Tim already? Anyhow, i think he's blending in well with the band, already getting used to our Ali-Mo drift and all. He'd brought in some of his own stuff to band, too. Oh, and some cool song suggestions, too. 'Sweet Emotion' is one that he'd brought in. Figures that a bassist would bring that one to the band -- some cool bass riffs in there. I think Roland does a great job with taking lead vocal in that song, too.
It's kinda cool to have two authors -- Roland and Tim -- in the band.
A literary rhythm section? (...whatever that is. but it sounds good.)
One regret (or one of the several regrets) I have about Saturday night was that we weren't able to do one of our new songs that we were planning to play. It's a rather simple song, more of a "listen to " song than a "dance to" one. In the third set, when it came time to play it, there were so many people already up on their feet dancing. So we made an executive decision to cut it and play "Play that Funky Music" instead. I guess it was a good decision since more people started getting down to the dance floor when Richie began crunching out the intro to Funky Music.
Ah well. Maybe we'll put that new song in an earlier set list and play it at our next gig.

Speaking of which, if anyone out there has any song requests, please write in!
I've personally been thinking for quite a while now that I want to do a song from THE WHO -- but have been hesitating on which particular song to take to the band. Do you think that a female vocal version of "You Better You Bet" would be cool?

The manager told me that I should add a photo in my blog entry. Couldn't find any good photos from the gig, so here's an x-ray shot of my right foot when i thought i had broken my toe (but actually hadn't).

No comments: