Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What does 'Ali-Mo' mean?


Inquiring minds want to know. What in the world does "Ali-Mo" mean?

A survey of band members was recently conducted to get to the bottom of this mystery.

This is what they had to say:

Lisa (vocals): Ali-Mo is from ari mo in Japanese, which means "ants also." I'm a huge fan of Adam and the Ants so it's a tribute to 1980s rocker Adam Ant. He was so misunderstood.

Kent (keyboards): What's it mean? That's easy. Aringmo means a woman's p**** in Indonesian! An inside joke between me and Denny. Ha ha ha! I love bentos.

Tim (bass): Actually, Ali-Mo refers to Alice Moore Hubbard, a famous feminist. She died when the RMS Lusitania sank in 1915. Her expression "humanity will move toward the light" inspires all of us. Truly.

Rich (guitars): You've never heard of the olamo? It's an Australian animal. It's a marsupial, I think. It's really furry and cute. The olamo is the official mascot of my hometown, Canberra. Tastes pretty good on the barbie, too.

Roland (drums): It's taken from a Haruki Murakami story. And that's all I'm going to say!

3 comments:

Kent said...

I thought Indonesian word for p***y is p***k ..never heard of aringmo ..

Tim said...

Yeah, right! You are Mr. Aringmo!

MIB said...

Dear all,

Alimo actually came from "animo" which meant "Alien Night Mood"
I was the first created that name to just make short of because except Lisa, the member were gaijin so then I assumed that gaijin were also can make fun night with a good mood.
But, some of the member seems want to use Alimo than Animo instead.
That's the little story of this band name.

Cheers
MIB
(Man In Black Bass)